East Texas Medical Center Tyler
1000 South Beckham
Tyler, TX 75701
ETMC Tyler is the regional referral facility at the center of a growing group of mini-systems throughout East Texas. Founded in 1951, today it is designed to work with area hospitals by providing specialized treatment and diagnostic procedures. It also offers continuity of care to patients who return to their community for recovery and follow-up.
Number of Operating Beds: 454 (surgical beds include 8 operating rooms; 2 cysto beds; 5 day surgery unit operating rooms; and two cardiovascular operating rooms and 88 ICU/CCU beds)
Medical Staff: ETMC Tyler includes 467 active staff. Specialties represented include allergy (2); anesthesiology (36); cardiology (21); cardiovascular surgery (6); dental/oral-maxillofacial (11); dermatology (9); emergency medicine (46); family practice (43); gastroenterology (12); general surgery (20); gynecology (5); infectious disease (4); Internal medicine (41); Nephrology (7); neurology (9); neurosurgery (8); OB/GYN (16); oncology (10); opthalmology (16); orthopedics (20); otolaryngology (8); pathology (6); pediatrics (22); physical medicine/.rehab (11); plastic surgery (5); podiatry (6); psychiatry (10); pulmonology (7); radiology (26); rheumatology (5); thoracic surgery (1); trauma surgery (6); urology (11); vascular surgery.
- Acute care rehabilitation offering a team of rehabilitation therapists, including physical, occupational, speech and recreation therapists to work with patients in the initial stages of recovery in the inpatient process.
- Day surgery featuring a new facility and a complete nursing unit dedicated to pre- and post-operative care.
- The da Vinci surgical system at ETMC Tyler offers amazing precision with minimal scarring and faster recovery than conventional surgery.
- Cardiovascular care provided in two catherization laboratories, two cardiac surgery suites, an eight-bed cardiovascular intensive care unit and cardiac rehabilitation facilities.
- Diagnostic services featuring fully equipped laboratory and radiology departments with X-ray, three CT scanners, two MRI units, nuclear medicine, ultrasound, mammography, EEG, EKG and GI laboratory.
- ETMC Neurological Institute offering a unique affiliation with the area's leading neurologists and neurosurgeons to provide state-of-the-art diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the brain, spine and nervous system.
- Cancer care provided through the ETMC Cancer Institute with state-of-the-art equipment, a Breast Care Center and an oncology unit with private rooms.
- Level I trauma center offering life-saving services for major illness and injuries, as well as minor emergency care, including ground ambulance service and Air 1 helicopter.
- Obstetrical services offering state-of-the-art LDRP birth suites, two cesarean delivery suites and a Level II nursery.
- Orthopedics/National Athletic Testing Program sponsored in conjunction with area orthopedic physicians to help prevent injuries to school athletes.
- Wound Healing Center providing specialized outpatient treatment for chronic wounds.
- Healthy Connections, a program for patients facing elective surgery.