As a 911 service, ETMC EMS offers jobs for those who want to help save lives on the front lines of emergency scene response. Personnel respond to emergency situations throughout the East Texas region and experience the gratification of making a difference for people in need.
That's just one of the reasons to consider work for ETMC EMS. Employees also have paid continuing education opportunities. Instruction is provided in-house, and employees are paid for attending rather than required to maintain their educational requirements at their own expense.
Since ETMC EMS is a part of the ETMC system, often employment for a spouse may also be available. ETMC frequently has employment opportunities in many areas, not just healthcare.
ETMC EMS provides relocation assistance for new employees wanting to start an exciting career with ETMC. Many of our locations require paramedics to hold and maintain either National Registry or be a Licensed Paramedic. However, there are opportunities for those not having one of these two credentials. Houston and Panola counties have a one-year waiver to allow paramedics to obtain these credentials. Additionally, the counties of Ellis, Trinity, Collin and the cities of Rusk, Alto, Pasadena and the Waco area allow for state certified paramedics.
Best of all, ETMC EMS is based in Tyler, Texas, with locations throughout the beautiful East Texas region, known for the fishing in its lakes and outdoor recreation opportunities of all kinds including hunting, boating and much more. Especially popular is Lake Palestine, noted for its fishing and boating opportunities. Campgrounds and other entertainment are also nearby.
We're proud of our staff and it shows:
- Paid ongoing continuing education at no employee cost
- In-house paramedic program
- Specialty programs (ACLS, BTLS, PEPP, National Registry) at no employee cost
- Salary structure reflecting certification and experience
- Variety in work schedules based on performance
- Free uniforms
- Health/dental/vision insurance plan
- Annual vacation: 2 weeks per year (eligible to take after six months employment); 3 weeks after 5 years; 4 weeks after 10 years
- Tuition aid to assist in college/university education
- Term life insurance at no employee cost
- Employee injury benefit plan providing medical care and income for on-the-job injuries
- Bereavement leave
- Vacation and sick leave buy-back program
- Many optional benefits
- Opportunity to use advanced EMS technology